Friday, January 6, 2017

Just some thoughts.

Catholic Study Bible App

1 John 3:18-20

18 Little children, let us not love in word or speech but in deed and in truth. †
19 By this we shall know that we are of the truth, and reassure our hearts before him
20 whenever our hearts condemn us; for God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything.

Archbishop's reflection on 5Jan17:
"The day we recognize each other for who we are, that we are sons and daughters of God in Christ, then we can say that we have seen God.   People who are loving to others and at peace with themselves tend to see goodness in others.  People who are wounded like Nathanael, are often skeptical and suspicious."

Note: This is a late post.

Recently, I went out with a few friends. It had been some time since we last met and thus, we were just chatting to each other about our lives thus far. As the conversation wore on, it got to the point that I started to tune out a little because it seemed that no matter what I inputted into the conversation, it was quickly brushed off.

Which then brings me to this topic at hand today.

As I read the Mass readings and Archbishop's reflection for 5 January 2017, I was kept wondering about how we have let our lives be filled with complaints and nonstop groanings of how our lives had been or how we had let others affect us in some ways. I'll be the first to admit that yes, some regrets of the past had stuck with me for quite a while, and it took me ages before I could even forgive myself, even though the party that I had hurt could have already forgiven me.
There are always so many accounts and real life testimonies on the net that if we just choose to focus on the positive, our life will turn out better. I confess that yes, I do adhere to this. Speaking from past experience, I used to be utterly pessimistic, because it was easier to not expect and thus, to not be disappointed by the things of this world. That all changed though, the moment I stepped into Church and know about God. This is not going to be a religious post, but sometimes, it just frustrates me when people go on and on about their troubles and worries... But they do not want to even come out of their comfort zone!

My boss once sent me a story called Who Moved My Cheese? I thought it would be something really stupid, but it actually changed me and as I reflected on it after, it makes me wonder as to which of the characters I was. Would I be Hem mixed with Haw? It was an interesting read, and one that I would definitely recommend to the masses, especially those who had not read about it.

The thing is, sometimes people are just stubborn and do not want to go out to the unknown. However, if we choose to always stay where we are currently at, what is the point, then? What is our purpose in life? We were put on this planet for a purpose and a mission. I am still finding my mission, but in a way too, I am exploring new opportunities. I love to be able to learn, to just widen my knowledge a little, and that for me, would be to really be able to step out, to take that courage to just plunge. After all, if not now, then when?

Coming back to the reflection at the top of this long and draggy post, I first thought of posting something because the main thing is that people often say that I'm "nice". I was just thinking about it the other day, and tweeted the following:

"Often, people say I'm too "nice". However, I'm not trying to be "nice". I'm just trying to see it from the other party's perspective... And to see it from how God would see the situation. I'm merely an instrument of His, and if one is to judge, let it be God, not me".

It is still sometimes difficult for me to not judge, especially when I am unhappy with the situation, or upset with the person on hand. Nevertheless, I am trying my best. For again, "people who are loving to others and at peace with themselves tend to see goodness in others".

No comments:

Post a Comment